I started a new bootcamp workout class this morning.
Six a.m. is really freaking early, you guys.
So here are a few things I learned on my first day:
- I need to buy a better workout top. The one I wore today is OK for the treadmill at the gym, but bootcamp is no treadmill! No one needs to see my belly as my shirt rides up, and I feel like I spent a lot of time tugging and pulling on it. (Recommendations welcome!)
- Don’t say dumb things to the trainer. He will make you hurt. I grabbed a 15 lb kettlebell, and he saw me and said, “Have you held a 20 lb baby? You can do 20 lbs” and I (stupidly) said “I can do anything with a 20 lb baby!” so now he won’t let me do anything with less than 20 lbs. Remind me not to tell him that Max weighs 40 lbs.
- My form is much better on the first circuit than the third.
- I can do 16 sit-ups with a 9 lb medicine ball in 60 seconds.
- I’m determined to make the ropes my bitches.
- I wish I’d brought a notebook to write down all of my reps, so I can compare in a few weeks. I’ll probably do this tomorrow.
- Getting my workout done first thing in the morning sets a different tone for my day, in a good way. I feel like if I can do that, I can do anything today.
- I should consider hiring someone to come wash my hair afterwards, because raising my arms already hurts.
- This is one time when driving Jamie’s teeny tiny car stinks. It is LOW. While I can fall into it after class, it just means I have to climb out of it when I get home. It was easier at 27 weeks pregnant.
- I can’t wait to go back tomorrow!
Have you tried a bootcamp workout? Did you like it?
I think a big part of why I enjoyed it so much is because I feel like I have concrete numbers I can use to measure my progress, which is something that I never really get on the treadmill or stationery bike at the gym.