I probably shouldn’t call it “back to” school, since it’s my first fall as a mom of student, and Max’s first time, but “Back to School” evokes feelings that just “First Ever Time at School” doesn’t.
So back to school it is.
Things to do before Sept. 4, when I will (probably tearfully) drop Max off for the first day of a (hopefully) long (and hopefully successful!) academic career.
- Turn in all that paperwork for said school. I’m pretty sure our first mortgage didn’t require as much paperwork!
- Buy a new outfit: He doesn’t care, I do. I have the money, I win. (Prediction: New outfit will be pirate-related. I’ll let you know if I’m right)
- Find a blanket: He needs a blanket to keep in his cubby for quiet time. He isn’t going to leave his Blanket (capital B) there, so we need to find an acceptable substitute. I also mentioned this morning that he might not be able to take Blue Dog with him to the new school, and he kind of lost his s—, so I’ll have to address that as well. (Suggestions? Every time he talks about school now, he says that he’s sad Blue Dog can’t go with him and he starts crying… I’m at a loss)
- Pictures to take: Oh, Pinterest! There are 2 that I know I want to do: Him standing on the front stoop with his backpack on the first day, looking adorable and grown-up. Also, him holding a sign saying “I’m a Preschooler” (stole this from my friend Ann Marie and I’ve always loved it!) Make mental note: On the last day of school, order an 8×10 print of the 1st day of school photo and have him hold it, then take photo, for comparison purposes. So cute, right?
- School Supplies: I don’t know if he/we need to buy anything supplies-wise for the school, or if everything’s taken care of. I’ll have to address this when I do the registration stuff, I suppose. But I’m putting it on the list, just so it’s here and I remember to review it at a later time.
I think that’s it, right? It’s “just” preschool.
Tell me, mamas, what am I missing?